Thursday, October 19, 2006

The joys of getting older

Do you wanna know how you can tell you're getting older, your body starts to go a little wrong.

Now I'm only 34 so it may sound a little weird, but anyone who has ever suffered from back pain will get what I'm on about. I just started painting when from my seated position I stood up to paint a higher bit of my window frame, I now regret this action wholeheartedly, because someone who was behind me decided to kick me solidly in the base of my back. I have to admit it fair took my breath away.

Like amybody who's played competitive sports I stood up and tried to walk it off, and to a certain extent it worked, my muscles loosened a little bit. Being a real man I returned to my painting, another action I regret only slightly less than the first, cos when I sat and felt my back tighten again I realised that I may not now be able to get up.

Pain is a funny thing don't you think? People pay good money for women in leather to inflict pain on them for the thrill, bet they don't go looking for a slipped disc though. Which is apparently not what I've got, thankfully. My father who has suffered for years with his back, tells me I have lumbago. I have now officially entered the realms of being an old man.

So everything is now on hold. My housemate is now finishing the painting and in terms of making any kind of move on my Slovak dream girl, I just don't think so! Still all good things come to those who wait.

Have some Percodan I got while on holiday in Mexico, never had the guts to try them, today might be the day. Apparently lumbago is just a pulled muscle so I might be able to get back into the gym by Monday or so. Here's hoping!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home