Monday, January 15, 2007

Silent Running

I have something heinous to confess, I did not let a drop of alcohol past my lips this weekend. I know, I know, it won't happen again. Not that it seemed I missed anything spectacular, it's January and I live in a small Welsh town.

The average wage here is about £12,000, well below the national average, house prices are somehow equivalent to the South Coast of England. So it's little wonder that no one has any spare cash to throw around on frivolous things like drinking and carousing.

This weekend I will be back out and about, the thought of having to be in work on Saturday and Sunday mornings from now on leave me cold. The upside, not much of an up if you ask me, is that it will help me get fitter faster and leave me more ready cash for other things.

Ah, money. It'll be nice to have some spare to use on things other than bills and living expenses. My aim is to save enough to be able to go out and by an entirely new wardrobe for the summer. Which I will then use to pull the woman of my dreams and then live happily ever after.

Again I am going to cull some links to other blogs on my site. I'll readily admit that I'm not as prolific as I once was on the whole blog thing, having things to do in my life now will do that, but I reserve the right to get bored reading the same pages day after day. So, if your link has gone from my site, please update it on a more regular basis as I have the attention span of a hummingbird on amphetamines.

On a brighter note I caught some of Dubya's speech today, seems he's looking to kick off against Syria and Iran sooner rather than later. Joy of joys, as if 600,000 plus Iraqi deaths aren't enough the war monger is after more. Thank the Lord for Fundamental Christians in power. Wonder if any humanists have ever started a war?

Hope you liked the tune's the other day, if you haven't listened then you're lazy. If you have listened and didn't like any of them you're a philistine and just plain wrong.

Other things of note - a has been footie (soccer) player has signed a contract worth $1m a week for the next 5 yrs. If anyone again thinks Beckham is stupid in any way should look at the bank balance that exceeds £80m ($180m) already (not including Posh's Spice Girl cash). Fuck me, if I'm ever 'blessed' with children, they will not go to school or play with other children, they will spend there entire lives playing sports. Then I can mooch off them an live the life I richly feel I deserve.

Right I'm off to try and impregnate the woman I train next to in the gym.....


laters

3 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

That's why I don't have a gym membership anymore. Too risky.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Chicky Pea said...

Wow, you can impregnate a woman from a distance? You are good. I thought it was all just bragging.

1:49 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

you sure are "spunky" today. nice. thanks for the giggles.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home