Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My new favourite toy

Off to visit my soon-to-be new boss tomorrow to sort out the details of my contract. It'll be nice to be back in work after nearly 6 months looking for work. It seems the dark clouds around me are starting to clear somewhat. Whether this is to do with the proposed new job, getting back in to the gym or a mixture of the two and a few other things who knows, all I can tell you is that I'm starting to feel like my old self for the first time in months. So thanks to all of you for your kind words of support during this dark little period.

For the last 2 weeks we've been experiencing problems with our internet service, it keeps dropping the connection at the most annoying times. There are now two computer nerds living under the same roof as me and as the New Housemate set all this up, I've been after him for a while to get something sorted. Phone the ISP and see if its their fault, get a new router out of the house account if its not up to the job. My requests have gone not so much unheeded as he just hasn't got off his arse cos it doesn't affect him much.

So I spent all of this afternoon putting the finishing touches to my Teachers Training application form. The form is completed online. Not a problem, until you go to save what you've spent hours perfecting and find that the connection is down. When Firefox tells you it couldn't find the page I worried, sure enough when I backtracked to the GTTR page all my work had been lost. It takes a lot to make me lose my temper, which is good for the New Housemate as I was firm, no more than that, when he got home from work. Sort the problem cos it's just fucked me hard. Luckily for him it wasn't the ISP or the router but the telephone wire. He's off to get one from his dad and the problem is solved, I do not have to kill him now. Shame really.

To follow that another piece of geeky information. As you're aware guys like new technology. Guys are little kids as we know. So the PS3 is out in the UK soon, my friends and I have been discussing the relative merits of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, wondering which one we'll eventually plump for. No more wondering, Sony has made up my mind. The new PS3 is gonna be £425 ($850). The Xbox 360 is £200 ($400), and I know a guy who can get me a chipped one that'll take copied games. So that settles it, £250, when I can afford it, will be spent on a chipped Xbox 360. Sad, but I'll be the envy of all my friends.

Beasted myself in the gym again today and enjoyed every sweaty minute of it. Cardio Vas workout tomorrow, can't wait. Oh its good to be back. Daniel Craig's muscles will have nothing on mine. All I have to do is to workout how to get Pussy Galore, any thoughts?


laters

7 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

'Gaming' is beyond me. I just don't get the appeal of sitting in front of the telly pressing buttons. And violence really offends me. But I'd happily spend £250 on a set on lingerie, so each to their own.

Puss

12:52 PM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

I want a Nintendo Wii..I'm not a gamer at all but I saw that they have a game with Samurai swords involved and I can finally live out my dream of being a midget kung fu master.
:D

2:11 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I haven't told my friends about my new toy. I don't want to be the recipient of all that envy. Also, I want it to myself.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Torri Nosebiter said...

Double Plus Good is that I hear they're making Guitar Hero for the 360 where you can download extra songs and play them. If you haven't experienced Guitar Hero yet, you are truly missing out.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

The graphics on the PS3 are INSANE!!!
I too want a Wii. I played a few minutes and I was hooked.

But then again, I 'get' the gaming thing.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

I came.
I read.
I can't hear the music until I get my own (hopefully not shoddy) internet next Wednesday.
I laughed.
I cried.
I prayed for you to get Pussy Galore from your gymmates, barmates, or occasional housemates (leftovers, the new sustinence).

Enjoy being a geek, someone's gotta do it ;)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Helloooo!! There's only one answer: The Wii! Then you could get your gaming and cario in one efficient swoop.

Congrats on the upswing in your luck!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home