Sunday, October 22, 2006

Int'l drinking rules and a lazy Sunday

Apologies, spent the day out with my friends, then went out drinking - internatioanl drinking rules applied - so no blog yesterday.
Drinking rules make a poor evening a fun one. The upside of living where I do is that I have all my friends and family around me, which is something that I haven't had for a long time. The downside is the lack of decent job opportunities and more importantly the ratio of women to men is low. Making it a buyers market from the women's point of view. It also means that there are normally far more guys out than women. Gay nights, as we call them, are where International Drinking Rules really come into their own. Someimes they're just fun to play. Last night fell into the latter category.
Saw the funniest brawl of my life yesterday. Another fun part of living in a small rural community is that there's a high chance of seeing neanderthal idiots knocking lumps out of each other. Last night was genius. Now I don't want to glorify violence of any kind, its ugly and stupid. The participant of last nights fisticuffs were both. I was in our local late night fast food outlet, which is almost opposite the entrance to the only nightclub in the town, ordering some unhealthy meat based products. Some shoving broke out in the queue of the nightclub, my friends who were watching called me over, I walked over to be confronted by some handbags (a british saying basically a lot of pushing and shoving but no real fighting). It was only when someone decided to intervene and break it up that everything went a bit south. By the end of that that there must have been 30 or so people fighting in the street. People love street theatre and this ranked among the best. A tour de force. Magical, I wanted an encore. I must add that no one was hurt in any way, there may have been some bruised pride though. Remember all this took place while my friends and I stood watching and eating our food in the window of the fast food joint. As everything calmed down we walked home laughing and comparing highlights.
Sundays, as they are throughout the world, are something of a down day. My housemate has never really lived away from home till he moved into our house. So his mother or the microwave has cooked all his food up till now. So I helped him cook his first real bolognese today. Took the dog for a walk. Apart from that I'm resting my back as much as possible. My back is starting to worry me, last time it was this bad it took 18 months to clear up. I wanna get back in the gym asap, its not looking good.
I have to sign on tomorrow, My dog needs a walk and I'm having lunch with my friend who's car is still off the road. Busy busy eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home