Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Do you have things that you're kind of embarrassed to admit to liking. Well my guilty pleasures are to numerous to mention but I do enjoy reality TV. The worst kind of reality TV for a bloke to enjoy, that aimed squarely at the female audience. As a red blooded male I'm embarrassed to admit while I write this that I'm switching between The Gastineau Girls and America's Next Top Model.

Is there something wrong with me or am I perfectly in tune with my feminine side. As a man of the new millennium, does enjoying girlie popcorn TV make me less of a man? Who knows, really and truly, its not something that I'd admit to my friends that I watch, but I can't help it. I like popcorn TV, male or female, trash TV is for me.

I'm struggling with my Sopranos problem. I own the first 5 seasons of the show, but I haven't watched further than the first few episodes of the third series. Why can't I get myself pumped enough to watch a show I love. So not only do I have almost 3 series of a genius show to get through, but I now have the 6th and final season sitting on my hard drive as well. Started watching Brotherhood on the FX channel, thinking about it am I storing up the same problems for later in life. Who knows, but its a quality show.

Saw an old friend today for the first time in 6 months. His mother had an accident and he was home to make sure she's ok. He's been a friend of mine for nearly 30 years and although I'm not having my most successful spell I'm always pleased that my friends are doing well. My Doctor friend has a job he loves, he's bloody good at it and he gets to travel the world. Lucky bugger.

Hopefully I'll be catching up with another old friend tomorrow. He's doing what I want to do, traveling around Europe in is camper van...... again lucky bugger. Looking forward to a pint with my friend this weekend. I hope my back starts to heal soon, its really getting to me at the moment. Again only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

ANTM is perfectly acceptable for men. It's okay to look at hot chicks. If you vote...well, that's a different story.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home