Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Dukes of Hazzard

Sorry, a little behind schedule, I know.

I missed blogging yesterday for 2 good reasons
1) I was fucking ill (properly this time)
2) I had to re-install Windows again.

So, this will be quick, cos apart from the above I have nothing else to report and I feel guilty, somehow, if I get to read other people's blogs then they should be able to read mine as well. Quid Pro Quo, right.

I am far better today, yesterday I just felt like 7 kinds of shit. Should have stayed in bed but instead I chose to re-install all the software I had just taken days installing and see if I could do it faster this time. Like teenage boys, stopwatches and wanking (Bet you never knew that about the male half of the population did you ladies).

It was done, if I'm honest, because I was too clever for my own good. When my laptop died on its arse I just restored all the data I'd so cleverly backed up. My thought process was as follows - my Windows XP will be valid again and all that cool stuff I've picked up along the way will just slide into place. Let me tell you that I was in fact indulging in what I think is technically called - wishful thinking. Apart from sorting out the XP problem every other fucking problem was still there. So I re-installed it one more time, for luck, and took only those things that are important (about 3 files) and started again.

So still have to fill up my iPod with 20GB of tunes, but this time I can get rid of the dross that I used to fast forward past last time. This time there might not be 20GB, there will be seriously good tunes however.

Oh, almost forgot, my housemate told us he's decided to move back in to his parents house to save money. This is the second housemate to move out in less than 6 months, I must be doing something seriously wrong. Are my suspicions true, can they actually hear me wanking all the time? Would explain a lot I suppose. So we have to find a new housemate and change the accounts over again. Pain in the arse or what. I'll miss this guy cos he happen to be one of my best friends. But I may miss his dog even more.

Let me refresh your memories, I have a 16 month old black lab puppy, (yes, he's still a puppy and will be til he's 2) my friend owns his brother. So Bo (my dog) and Luke have never been separated since they were born. In about 2 weeks they will be. Not only that, Luke will not be staying with my friend cos his parent's house is too small. He, rightly, wants Luke to go to a good loving home, preferably one with children and a garden for him to run around in (the dog not my friend). Not only will our house lose a sweet natured, cool dog, it's likely we'll lose him for good.

If you've never had a dog, and this is my first, it difficult to explain why you'd miss one. Think it might be the unconditional love thing, yeah, that's it. So I'm a bit gutted, cos Luke spends a lot of time with me now I'm not working. I'll miss his dog, but not as much as his brother will, and I'll understand why - not sure Bo will.

Right enough of this soppy shit about a dog that's not even mine. I know a lot of people are going through some really hard times (I know cos I read your blog's) and a story about missing a dog doesn't rank up there with life priorities, but my blog is about my life and my experiences and to me the fact that Luke is going is gutting. I may have a black heart, but I can be a proper soppy wanker at times.

Enough.

I'm off for a pint and before you ask I went out last night as well despite feeling like 6lbs of shit in a 5lb bucket. It takes a lot to keep me from my drink. Not nearly enough to keep me in tonight either.


Barman a pint of the black stuff, please!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

7 types of shit? wow. that's pretty harsh. glad you are feeling better.

Sorry to hear about Luke and your friend leaving. At least you and Bo have each other to get through it.

Oh, and who cares about what other people have going on in their lives and if they might think yours isn't that serious. You are right... it's your life. Let it be. I like hearing about it. Especially the drinking part of it. hahaha.

9:30 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I heard you wanking from way over here.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

The great thing about blogging is that there are no rules, so don't spoil it by inventing your own - be kinder to yourself.

There you go, ggod advice from one Guinness drinker to another.

Puss

2:01 PM  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

We have an english pub here called "The Old Toad". When I used to go there I would drink John Courage. Loved it. There are also a few questionable activities that took place there. It was the liquid courage (or perhaps that is stupidity?). I hope you are feeling better. And really, can't you wank a big quieter?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

Ever think you might feel that shitty because you fill yourself with the brew even when your body is revolting on itself?
No, spanking it and relieving yourself of all that goo isn't much help, but I'm glad to hear you are keeping up your excercise routine in the midst of such an awful health ailment ;)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home