Thursday, November 09, 2006

Struggling

I am struggling to come up with something interesting and witty to write about today. Having only just started this blogging lark I thought it was going to be easy to come up with a few lines that would at least make me smile. I can't keep throwing meme's out instead of actually sitting down and writing something half decent, good meme's are few and far between.

Admittedly I stole yesterday's meme off someone, and I have been shown up for the scoundrel I am. Mr Mancuso, may I call you Dirk, has kindly used my comment board to inform me that he may use that meme on his blog, what a gentleman. So I'm feeling like a cad for not being as gracious when I picked up the idea in the firstplace. Whoever's blog I read and pinched the idea from I apologise and Dirk, help yourself. I have to admit I may use your 101 things you didn't know about me in return. Never waste a good idea.

I could tell you that my iPod is having another good day, some of todays highlights have been

All Sparks - Editors
Sick sad little world - Incubus
Public pervert - Interpol
Miner at the dial-a-view - Grandaddy
See you - Foo Fighters
Bodyrock - Moby
I can't look at your skin - Graham Coxon
Spasticus Autisticus - Ian Dury & the Blockheads
Californie - Air
These arms of mine - Otis Redding
Taste you - Auf der Maur
Weather storm - Massive Attack
The flowers of courage - Kill Bill vol1 OST
Rouge - Miles Davis
Funeral Pyre - The Jam
Yr City's a sucker - LCD Soundsystem

I seem to be struggling to get other things done as well. My Windows software is currently showing an error, namely, its a counterfiet. Its not, but for some reason the product code has changed since I last re-installed Windows. I can't really argue with Microsoft cos there are other pieces of software that I know are dubious to say the least on my PC, so karma is working its magic on me. As you know re-installing Windows is easy, but re-installing all those things that you've picked up along the way isn't so easy. Worst of all it takes fuckin hours. Time I have an abundance of but I know when I end up doing this I'll lose something that I need or use constantly. So I'm apprehensive to start the process.

Other than that I have a hard disk recorder full of things I have to watch, but I never seem to have the where with all to watch it. As I have previously admitted I have all the first 5 season of The Sopranos on DVD (as well as all 4 seasons of Starky & Hutch). I've managed to watch about 2 seasons so far and season 6 is clogging up my HDR. Add to that Infernal Affair 2 and 3 and a box set of Rome (the HBO series) that a friend lent me. I think I might be screwed. Apart from gritting my teeth for about a week solid in front of the TV I have no idea.

I am howere going to be a good boy today and go to bed early, my nocturanl routine currently revolves around hitting the hay anywhere between 2.30am and 4am. So I miss the mornings completely, so does my dog, which is making me more and more guilty. Because he is a good dog and deserves better.

Not bad for a blog that had nothing to go in it, it is however,, a complete pile of steaming crap but it filled up another blog. Excellent its Friday tomorrow, I can go out for a pint. Ah sweet, sweet alcohol, my old friend.


laters

8 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

I used to refer to alcohol as sweet nectar until I was reading a trashy smut magazine which described sweet nectar as something completely different.

12:31 AM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Ah trashy smut magazines do rule. Says a lot that I can think of at least 3 things the magazine could have been referring to.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

I find once you start writing something comes to mind -- sweet or sour nectar or whatever. I mean, really. As you might discover, I freaking blogged about peeing in the shower -- and it drew some of the highest number of comments. Who knew?

4:53 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I am envious. What I wouldn't give for the time and space to consider which season of The Sopranos I want to watch first. Yawn...

Back to work.

Puss

2:17 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

What I wouldn't give to jetting off to Vegas.... wanna swap

2:21 PM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Well, I would but I don't think you could handle The Auburn Goddess. And there's the pole dancing, belly dancing and circus skills training - can you do the splits?

Puss

4:23 PM  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

I rendevous'd with six friends last night but alas, no pictures.

6:01 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Never feel bad about "borrowing" a meme...I do believe it's common practice (but I am going to give you a link when I post it if that's okay by you).

As for borrowing the "101 Things You Didn't Know About Me" -- feel free! (But a word of advice...do it in 10 item increments to get the maximum posts out of it. It's incredibly nice to have to fall back on when your muse is on hoiliday.)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home