Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Soul food

I read Puss's blog and it reminded me of some things I'd rather avoid. Maybe its just a 24 hour thing or a delayed reaction to Sunday, but I feel pretty shitty today.

For those of you who don't know, and that includes the vast majority, I'm an unemployed, single guy, live in a backwoods town and apply for jobs that bore me and may well leave me with psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies.

Throw in a failed and frankly bad relationship, which through my own poor choices cost me my business, one of my best friends and racked up a mountain of debt.

Now I don't like to whine, I may rant and rave at the inequities of life, but I don't let these things grind me down. Plenty of peoples lives suck more than mine and self pity is very unappealing.

But I think I know what my problem is. It came to me when I was commenting on Puss's blog.

I MISS NOT BEING ABLE TO TRAIN IN THE GYM.

I'm not really narcissistic, well no more than anyone else anyway. But I miss what training gives me, the chance to clear my head of the daily grind.

What I've realised is that the gym is a place of peace and meditation for me. When I train, I think only of training. When I finish I've shed the worries of the day. It like a coccon. Safe.

When I injured my back I lost my bearings. My days have become long and boring. I feel adrift and my worries start to eat away at me. This is my problem, the cause of my funk.

The solution is not to shake myself out of it with something extraordinary but return to the ordinary and all it gives me. I need to heal my back so I can train my body and clear my mind.

Simple things please simple minds.

laters

5 Comments:

Blogger Farm Girl said...

It can be so difficult when we lose something that brought us such comfort. Hopefully you will heal quickly so that you can get back to what makes you feel good. Either that or you could post provocative pictures of yourself on your blog? There are people out there that do that, you know?

3:31 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I know what you mean. I have something that I can't do any more and I miss it. I'm still working on replacing it. So far, I haven't replaced it with anything good.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Vince, sorry if I set off a chain reaction there.I know a good osteopath, but you'd need to travel...

The friend I wrote about is the same - routine makes her feel safe, gives her structure, gives her a reason to keep going. You don't have to sit cross-legged on the floor to meditate, some use weights, others poles.

Hope you feel brighter soon.

Puss

1:09 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Thanks guys, feeling more upbeat today

Les,

My pics will be nowhere near as good as yours.

Mist1,

It'll come good, just keep looking.

Puss,

I'd happily travel for a good osteopath and a demo on the pole from 'Pixie Tits'

1:30 PM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Never mind the pixie tits, you should see my elf arse. I may have other elemental being body parts but haven't investigated too closely. There's only so much whimsy one woman can take.

Puss

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home