Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Early riser

Ok, so today was better than yesterday, I promised it would be and I delivered. Got up earlier than 10.47am, not actually going to admit by how much but it was enough. I love my bed. The hardest thing for me each day is to get up. I think it must have something to do with the womblike warmth it has when I wake up.

Even when I was a little kid I'd while away my Saturday mornings sleeping as late as possible. My old man has an irrational hatred of this pleasure. I still have no idea why he hated me enjoying something as simple as a lie in. He's as lazy as me in all respects apart from the sleeping bit but he still gets up at 8.15am even now - and he's been retired for more than 10 years.

Might have something to do with the fact he's not a night owl and I am. It's strange but I can stay awake well beyond any of my friends and cohorts. They usually start flagging around 2.30 to 3am, me I'm still going strong. Age is catching up with me though, when it hits 4.30am or beyond that's me done. Gone are the days of watching the sun rire.

Saying that though, there is very little to beat watching the dawn blaze across a new born sky with your mates, except maybe with the addition of a nice cuppa and some hot buttered toast.

So I again fiddled with the laptop all day. Well that's not strictly true, the laptop was used to fiddle with my iPod. Told you yesterday I'd lost 20GB of tunes, found out today iTunes now only allows you to put your music on 1 song at a time. Spend a moment in quiet contemplation of the task that now sits in front of me - 20GB was about 6,000 chuffing songs. Now I have to put them back one by one. Fuck me sideways.

What I forgot to mention though, and this is causing further arseache, is that I've lost my hotmail account. Well not lost it but I can't remember the password to login. It was set up more than 4 years ago, so when I'm asked for the password I have no clue. None. Losing my email account is my punishment for being a fucktard, I realise this now.

Some of you may have realised just how lazy I am, to steal someone else's line, procrastination is something I can't put off 'til tomorrow. By losing my email I've also lost all those messages telling me what jobs are suitable for a man of my many talents. So I now have to register once more with Monster, Jobsite, Fish4Jobs etc; go through the tedium of filling out online forms, just to get daily emails telling me that no-one in my area wants a guy with an MBA and years of management experience. Oh the joy that awaits me.

I keep toying with the idea of going back and doing the only job I've ever really enjoyed - being a barman. The long term plan is to go back to school and learn to be a teacher, 7-11 year olds I think. Not sure being a barman is gonna help me get to Uni any time soon, there being little or no money in it, but it is fun though. I'd almost go back just for the craic alone. Never had as much fun as I did then, but I don't suppose it'll be the same this time around.

Unless, that is, I get another willing volunteer for bar top gymnastics. I have to admit to a bar's counter top as being the most unusual place I've made sweet, sweet love. Beats the boss's desk anyway.


laters

7 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Jesus Christ man! A teacher?! As a veteran of the chalk face myself, I urge you to think very carefully about that decision...

Puss

11:41 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

i think i heart you!

11:58 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Puss,

My dad was a teacher so I know what I'm letting myself in for.

What no flirting, I'm disappointed?

Cherylann,

I heart you too!!

12:59 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

Hey, I had pretty good sex on my bosses desk!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

As someone from across the pond I am proud that this: "I'd almost go back just for the craic alone." is the only thing I couldn't decipher.

As someone who did Uni right out of High School and then got a job that has me on a career path to cubicles, I am considering going to your "backup plan" for a LIFE. A job is a way to make money, but come on honey, its at least 40 hours a week of your life!! And since you like to sleep as much as I do, thats a vast majority of your waking hours!!! Be VERY picky. Try lots of things. And if you can sling the swill until Monster finds you a chair to put your butt in 8hrs a day, why the fuck not???

2:26 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Bed is also my favourite square place in the world and I haven't ever had sex on a bar. Yet.

Does that count?

Puss (with eyelashes a flutter)

8:56 AM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Mist1

Like all my report cards, must try harder


Miss Sassy

Craic - Irish word for fun/enjoyment when mixed with alcohol and/or music. Fun doesn't really cut it though. General banter, good times had by all. It was great craic. He's great craic when he has a few pints on him. How's the craic? etc.

Good point well made though.


Puss,

Bed is best I agree, you get to take your time, explore and enjoy. Nice to look for other exciting places to try though.

Be still my beating heart (by the way)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home