Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween

Been reading loads of blogs form our lovely cousins across the pond, apparently All Hallows Eve is a fairly big deal over there, why is this? We don't only have Halloween we have Bonfire Night (Nov 5) as well, cue much fireworks that night.

Reading all the stories I kinda wish I was over there for the many parties, but I'm recovering form many beers myself today. Caught up with an old friend last night, so me and the boys got royally drunk in G-man's honour. There are 2 ways to kill a hangover, a fry up (sausage, fried egg, bacon, fried bread, beans and toast) or a traditional Sunday lunch.

One of my friends invited us over and we enjoyed a fantastic roast lamb dinner accompanied by masses of veg, including honey roast parsnips, topped off by many, many Yorkshire puddings. Divine. For those of you who don't know what a Yorkshire pudding is, firstly I feel sorry for you, secondly its a batter mix cooked with roast juices. These small bits of heaven are meant to be had only with roast beef, but they are good with every roast, chicken, lamb, duck, goose, pork.... They're awesome things, so much so, four of us ate 24 of them this afternoon.

We are considering some funny ways of detering trick or treaters Tuesday night. Our current favorite is to dress up as Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, complete with chainsaw and have one of our female friends covered in fake blood (read ketchup) shackled up in our hallway begging for help every time we open the door. If thats not the real spirit of Halloween I don't know what is. A cheaper option i to give my dog an alka-seltzer tablet to chew, I wonder how parents would react to a bowl of sweets (candy) handed out by a guy whose dog's frothing at the mouth.

I hate trick or treaters, its a new thing over here, anything to deter the little beggars (literal). Its not a traditional thing over here and its difficult to get used too. If its was just little kids, say under 10-11 yrs old - fine, but its older kids demanding money with menaces off old ladies. That won't happen at our house or at my parents house, fuck no. Any kid trying that with my folks will have the rules of life explained to them and their fuckwit parents.

Wish we had the kind of fancy dress parties you guys have over there, sounds like a blast, and the costumes - any woman instantly becomes twice as sexy when they dress up. Oh mamma.

later

4 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

"any woman instantly becomes twice as sexy when they dress up."

I would challenge that actually but as the owner of numerous 'outfits' I probably ought to just shut up...

Puss

10:41 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I love Halloween. I never miss an opportunity to wear skanky clothing.

12:08 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

puss - see told you so

mist1 - skanky clothes are not just for halloween....

10:34 PM  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday. And not for the skanky clothing. I can find other occassions for that.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home