Tuesday, October 31, 2006

'Hey you guys'

I'm having a bad hair day and its not my fault. I currently have a haircut that makes me look like the retard in The Goonies, I feel like saying 'Hey you guys' to everyone I meet. Fuck. Seriously, what do you do if someone messes up your hair? Its not like you can exchange it for a new one or a better one is it. There's nothing worse than a bad haircut, well that's what you think that until you have an eyebrows incident.

Right, here's a piece of advice that you should all follow - never, ever trim your eyebrows while watching tv. A mistake I made while watching the underwhelming 'Wedding Crashers'. Now before you mock me at least know that I checked that the trimmer was set high enough just to take the curly bits off my eyebrows. But I didn't watch what I was doing in the mirror, I watched Owen Wilson goofing around instead and there-in lies my mistake. It wasn't until I cleaned the trimmer did I realise how much more hair there was than usual. Imagine that feeling of dread when I timidly looked in the mirror to realise that I now looked way too much like a baby seal.

So after a few weeks using an eyebrow pencil (thank God for mothers eh) I put that nightmare behind me. A bad haircut is nothing by comparison, take my word for it. But even so it pisses me off that I have to walk around like some kind of retard for the next 2-3 weeks. I'm thankful that my hair grows quickly. Never again wil I leave a haircut waiting till I can't stand it any longer, cos you'll let anyone cut it at that point rather than wait for the girl that normally cuts it.

So I have to wear a hat for a few days, big deal, such is life. I think the answer is next time I get a bad cut, I'll just ask for a grade 1 and when everyone ask why I'll tell them it was to cover up a shocking haircut. That's the best thing I can come up with, any other ideas would be welcome.

later

6 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

I learned about eyebrows after they were bleached white-blond to match my hair (long story). When they grow back, they look salt & peppery. Disasterous.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Men and eyebrows - a bad mix. When I dyed my barnet cherry red, Jolly Boss's comment was that I should dye my eyebrows to match because they looked weird. I pointed out I would look even stranger with red eyebrows. Idiot.

As to bad haircut advice, overcome British reserve and demand they sort it out - you are paying them after all. Otherwise, go for the No.1 and tell everyone you have cancer.

Puss

10:41 AM  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

Bad haircuts do suck. I think less so for a guy though since they can wear a hat.

2:07 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I share your pain.

And a word of advice: never stay seated in the barber's chair when you hear thses words:

"I just graduated beauty college...you're my first real customer."

Trust me, it will only end badly.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

So funny you should mention "The Goonies" all the way over there in Wales, because I live in the town where it was filmed and there are still Goonies fans that come here on these pilgrimages to see the house on 37th.

Last summer, they showed it outdoors and you had to do the Truffle Shuffle to get in.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stoppin thru because I saw your comment on JBiggs blogspot. I like your page and I'll be back to read more.

But dont expect too much from my blogspot... I'm kinda selfabsorbed.

legs

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home