Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday

I'm being good and blogging two days in succession, you may thank me later. Was going to play golf this morning, but sneaked off to the gym instead. Had last week off, think its the SAD effect all round. Still trying to get out of it now but I'm forcile myself, so even if I struggled a bit I intend to not let any little breaks from the norm start to creep into my gym routine. My jeans are tight so time to keep the regime going.

So gym was ok, then went for a haircut ready for the new job on Thursday. Strolled up through the fields throwing copious sticks for Bo to chase. Arrived at the rents house, had a cuppa and went to pick up some food for the dogs. Left the dog with my Mum and headed off to get the feed. Trying to acclimatise the mutt to spending some time with the rents while I'm at work. Dog seemed ok, but the old girl tends to feed him as a matter of course if she thinks he's the least bit whiney. So so far so good.

Started my book last night, did 1850ish words, so ahead of schedule. Will need to do my 1667 tonight to keep me on course. Was an interesting experiment, will see how it goes really. Nice to just let the words flow and not really worry about structure, plot and narrative. Just write the words and finish the 50,000 words, then go back read it and see what you think. Easy, apparently.

Apart from that trying not to think too hard about going back to work, but I feel like a kid whose summer break is coming to an end. Will be nice to have cash in my pockets again though, can start to save for the nice things in life -clothes, cheap holidays and a new pc or mac maybe.

Here's to dreaming the dream.


laters

6 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

By the end of every summer I get that feeling of dread. Giving up my vacation for going back to work...but a necessary evil since my pockets are empty by then!

10:30 PM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:32 PM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

I'm sure your new job will go well!
Excellent job on the book. I really need to try and do that...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Hey what happened to wed and thur??

Hope the first day went well! :D

11:29 PM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

So what's the book about?

Puss

2:42 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

so how is the job going? hopefully well. just checking in.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home