Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Do not disturb

Yes, OK, it seems I need to get laid, can we leave it at that. It does seem, however, that the discovery of that article did raise some laughs, so I can suffer the ridicule of my peers if this information saves someone from suffering a heart attack.

Do you ever have one of those days when you just don't want to talk to anyone, not a soul, just spend the whole day by yourself. I am having one of those days. I'm not down in the dumps or anything, well I don't think I am, I just want my space. Maybe, every so often my personal space explodes outwards, giving me days like today, then the blast settles back to where it was again.

Come to think of it I have a real problem with people who invade my personal space, maybe its just grown. My friend, The Artist, has no concept of this and is forever standing too damn close to people. He has been known to back people against walls simply by encroaching on their personal space. They back up, he follows. My solution is to just tell him, then when he does it again gently move him back, he gets the idea then.

Today, I just wanna be on my own, is there anything wrong with that? I'm happy pottering, filling up my iPod, watching telly, eating things that are bad for me. Don't feel like making idle smalltalk with my housemates. My dog will get his walk shortly, I might even take him to the beach so he can go swimming, that will be it, I will stay in my room for the rest of the day. This happens every so often, I just like to leave the world to its own devices for a while and chill out. There are 3 films on my HDR waiting to be watched - Infernal Affairs 2 and 3, and Lord of War with Nicholas Cage and I've just downloaded the new Incubus album - Light Grenades, so all is well with me.

Right I'm off to take Bo out for his walk, he's making it known he want to go - NOW.


Laters

p.s. - comments are fine, I'm always happy to talk to you guys

6 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Days? I have whole weeks like that. Very much in that space today - really not got much to say to anybody, but working in the communications sector is not exactly conducive to contemplative silence.

Can't remember which Greek philosopher said it but 'a life without reflection is a life half lived.'

Enjoy.

Puss

3:48 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Thanks, you too.

V

4:49 PM  
Blogger April said...

I do have days like that but being a mother, I don't get to be alone.

I'd say most people have those days, but I could be wrong.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

I'm with ya today VBS.
We will have a 4 day weekend here in the states and even THAT won't offer me the alone time I think I need to reboot.
I envy your apparent lifestyle though - if the biggest pressure of my day was taking the dog to the beach and refilling my iPod, I'd be a happy chick.
As it stands, sod off.
(is that the right term?? I watched "Green Street Hooligans" and picked up all kinds of vernacular from your neck of the woods =) )

9:53 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

April,

I'm not alone then, cool

Sassy,

Hooligan hobbits and the worst London accent since Dick van Dyke, by yeah 'Sod Off' is fine.

10:49 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

What do you mean, one of those days?

That's my life. I only leave my house once a day.

As for personal space, when I first moved to the South, the hardest adjustment for me wasn't the humidity, it was how close people stood to me in conversation.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home