Wednesday, November 29, 2006

DIY tonight

Sorry for being lazy yesterday, I got back late from doing some Xmas shopping. So I banged out a quick little blog, I'm quite proud of it, no really. Especially the Douglas Adams one - 'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it'. Sounds like my life at the moment. But enough already, I refuse to write anymore depressing blogs, bugger that.

I have been dragged in to help The Artist deal with some difficult floorboards. My evening will now consist of stuffing small pieces of boiled newspaper, infused with wood stain and glue, into the not so narrow gaps between his living room floor boards. Yay me! What man would turn that down. Well, me actually, but I've given him my word and I'll do it with a smile on my face.

Speaking of The Artist he's still only managed to get to draw the younger Slovak sister once. He's beginning to think it was just a dream. Still it sounds like a nice enough dream to me.

This is what I think he was trying to achieve, he's a talented guy, although he isn't Manet he's not far off.

Its also an excuse for me to show some art and some nice boobs as well.

As for the Xmas shopping, its almost done. Just one present still to be decided. That's for my housemate. We, as a house, decided last year that a few board games would be the best presents this year, as they, along with the alcohol we drink while playing them, provide hours of harmless fun over the festive period.

Struggling to find interesting things to tell you today. Oh one thing, I saw a woman I've been looking out for for the first time in a year or so yesterday. Sorry, I need to fill in the blanks a little bit for you here. As you know there are 2 dogs living in our house, this time last year they were much smaller, cuter puppies. I could take them both out for a walk together without the danger of having my shoulder dislocated if they both saw interesting things in opposite directions. They were always inquisitive, especially with other dogs. So when they came across a large long haired German Sheppard on the beach with them they took an immediate interest. Some dogs do not take kindly to that kind of attention, Monty, as I later found out he was called didn't mind it. So I spent 20-30 minutes chatting quite happily on the beach with Monty's owner, a vision of loveliness, all the time thanking whatever divinity was listening that I had a dog. Why can I remember the damn dog's name and not her's.

I've seen her once or twice since then, but only to say hello to in the street, that was until last night when I found out she works as a trainee plumber and more importantly a shelf stacker in our local supermarket. So we spent another very pleasant 15 minutes catching up last night. I will have to forgo the munchies for healthier food now when I go in. Eating healthy never had this kind of appeal before. I will also have to keep a keen eye out for a nametag next time as well.

Yesterday was quite amusing on the job front as well, got turned down flat for one and go an interview scheduled for another. Isn't that just typical. So I will be wearing a new suit to my Dec 15th interview, I will look the 'dogs bollocks' even if I don't get it. That phrase should be interesting to look up for those of you across the pond, he he.

Right, got to go, off to play with floorboards and walk the dog.


Laters

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Sassy said...

I can't believe you are jobless and shopping your days away between flirting harmlessly with the angels on earth.

Love to stay and chat about the vernacular differences, but seeings as I have to calculate what I will be demanding as my lowest 'sticker price' for my solidification of my promotion in about an hour, I really must catch you later.

At this rate, I may continue to have dog-walks-on-the-beach stories AND cash for a vacation. Did you pick up the ice while you were at the store?

11:35 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

I picked up an ice-maker instead, it's not happily freezing up a storm next to my bed.

I've got an MBA and I still have no clue what 'lowest 'sticker price' for my solidification of my promotion'. Can you enlighten me?

Setting off to pick you up at the airport right now.....

11:48 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

You're young and you've got your health, what do you want with a job?

I gotta Google dogs bollocks now.

5:30 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

Back from Google. I like that phrase. I will be working that into conversation tomorrow. That means that I will have to have face-to-face contact with people tomorrow.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

There's nothing like charming pretty people to put a spring in one's step...

Buy Mist a copy of Roger's Profanisaurus will you?

Puss

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home