Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Better Tomorrow

Right let's get the game out of the way first shall we, we lost but put up a good display. They were very good, we weren't. Watched the game with some friends of mine, it was good craic. The Guinness was flowing, although it wasn't as good a pint as it could have been. Maybe the rumours that the pub in question waters down its beer are true.

Anyway, it got to half-time and my friend was bored, he's a fairweather fan, when its going well he's cheering at the top of his lungs, when its going badly he switches off. Yesterday was the latter, he was chatting to my housemates girlfriend for all of the second half. This is the housemate who's moving out in a few weeks.

Talking about the Leaving Housemate, the rumour mill has it that he's moving out because of me and the New Housemate. Found this out because his mother spoke to the New Housemate's mother and sister, telling them it was because both of us are out of work and spending money that had made up his mind to leave. Which is both wrong and upsetting.

I'll have to add in a little back story to this, a lot actually. We pay rent into a house account, that the Leaving Housemate looks after. We pay more than we should just to add a buffer if we need money for something quick. If the house needs something then we use this extra money, cos everybody benefits. Since me and the New Housemate have been out of work we re-painted the living room and bought a new 3 piece suite. The 3 piece suite happened to be my old one, is in mint condition and which I practically gave away. So yes we have spent some money, but only on stuff that benefits us all. But that doesn't give me the answer I want, why is he moving out?

When I spoke to him yesterday, and probed as to whether the rumours I'm hearing are true, he re-iterated that the reason he's moving back home is to his parent's house is to save money for a new house and he can do that better at home than in our house. Plus, he was his old self when we went out for beers yesterday. Am I wrong for worrying about this, in 2 weeks he'll be gone and someone else will move in. Do I ask him and maybe sour that time or do I just keep quiet and let it all work itself out. I mean it's not like we won't hang out together after he moves out, in fact he never comes out these days, so more money in his pocket means he'll be out more often.

Normally I'm one of those people who wants everything out in the open, but my life is in a dark place at the moment and I can do without any further shit piled on me. This guy is a very good friend of mine, but I did something I wasn't very proud of that hurt him and changed our friendship. Because of this I see everything that happens as my fault. Am I seeing these rumours as being down to me because of this negativity.

Who knows? Back to the story of last night, I got drunk too early last night, had the horn and chatted up every single or not so single woman I saw. My friends keep telling me that I can be a silver tongued devil, think that might be just as well cos I'm one ugly guy. Was fun last night though, went to bed alone and quite drunk. Woke up with a sore knuckle this morning, remembered falling over my friends foot while messing around on the way home. Took Bo out for a walk, he's been kept in for 2 days because he cut his paw the other night, he went swimming in the sea. Then made Sunday lunch with the help of a couple of friends. Not a bad day all told. But the after effects of alcohol leave me down in the dumps, maybe that's why I'm troubled about things today.

Hopefully, tomorrow will bring better things.


Laters

7 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Sorry that you are feeling down on yourself. We would have been the worst company together today. Maybe your friend just made up something so that he would have an excuse for his mother. I'm like you and like to get it all out.. honesty is the best policy, right? But maybe you should leave it alone... he only has two weeks. And I think his behavior after he moves out will tell the truth behind the rumor. I don't know if this helps you any, but... keep your chin up.

oh, and PS- chicks dig silver tongued devils *grin*

11:15 PM  
Blogger vincentblackshadow said...

Cherylann,

Thanks honey, that's my thinking as well - but it's good to hear someone echo my thoughts.

Feel better for your words, cheers.

11:28 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I got drunk too early the other night too. I woke up completely naked. The cat was staring at me, disgusted.

4:42 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

It's always hard to admit and accept when we do something that hurts someone we care about. I'm sure your friend knows just how sorry you are and has moved on. Hopefully, you can too one day.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

right, what they said.
except it was the dog that was disgusted with me.

I'll race you to the silver lining of our dark clouds... I'll even wag my silver tounge with you, see if we can get a shag on the way ;)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Sassy said...

This pic?
Of the one guy getting completely blindsided for trying to make his way through the BS in front of him??
Yeah, I knew there were some blind spots in my world, but this one really stings.
I'm not as much of a sports fan as I am a fan of watching guys watch sports. If I could wake up early enough, I'd be at the pub watching guys OHHH and AARRGGGHHH at these shots in person =)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

We can't change the past, only learn from it. And we can't contol other people, so don't waste any more energy wodering about your friend's motives for moving out - you asked him straight and if he isn't being straight back, that's his karma. When I feel shitty, I write a list of five things I'm thankful for. If I get five easily, I try ten. Always helps.

Puss

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home